
It's really amazing to me when this week comes every year what it turns people in to. I know that it has created a month long rift in families, posters and graffiti to appear on cars and yards, prank phone calls and just old fashion rivalry. It's a double edge sword all the way around. It's fun and exciting yet it's nerve wracking and sometimes irritating. I read things written in newspapers and some are just stupid,meaningless comments and then, you read about those families that have ties to both teams and the week of hell they go through not knowing what to do or say. In Utah you are either a Utah fan or a BYU fan or you don't like football. I know after having been married into a coaching family, it's crazy for the players and the coaches and their families. This game could either create 4.5 million dollars for the Utes if they win or 75,000 dollars if they lose.. NO PRESSURE on the "WHIT". I am sure every player, coach and fan will have butterflies in their stomachs at 4 o'clock on Saturday. Having grown up in a completely Cougar family and then marrying into a completely Ute family, having a son that is over the top Ute and a daughter that knows nothing but RED, it makes for a slight division, almost like you don't dare talk about it because it's just not a safe zone. Half of my family is true blue and the other is outrageously red. I really don't get too over confident because I know the scenario, it's a different football game when these two teams get together... BUT the minute I am in my seat on Saturday at 3:45 PM I will be a RAGING RED MANIAC.... And may the best team win... (and we all know who that is..don't we?)



No comments:
Post a Comment