Wednesday, August 6, 2008



The Value of a friend....
I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I CHERISH the friend who for me does not consult his calendar.- Robert Brault

I have had a lot of friends in my life but, I have a friend that truly puts friendship in a different catagory. Yesterday, I woke up to a beautiful morning, had my protein shake, washed my hair, threw a towel around it so I could iron my clothes for the day. My ironing board is downstairs right now and so while I was down ironing I heard a weird noise in my Scrapbook room. Now mind you, it is not a designer room but, I actually with the help of my great friend Stephanie built this room, and it is all pink and black. So cute!!! I have not put this room in order though, and there is paper, stickers, cutouts, tons of embellishments and all kinds of phots in every nook and cranney and then there is alot still on the FLOOR to sort out and put away. Well, the noise turned out to be water pouring out of the ceiling onto to the basket with all the stickers and then onto the floor where all the paper and stuff sat waiting to be put away. I just stood there and stared at it in horror!!!! My prized scrapbook room was under a half inch of water. The first person I called was Steph, who was at her daughters swim conference championships. She left there as soon as Tara finished swimming the morning round and came straight to my house to help me clean up my mess. I had to leave to go to work and so she stayed at my house, called a plumber and went through every paper and sticker and button and cutout and wiped them all off and sorted them into piles of "trash it", "cut it and use a portion of it" and "oh, its just a little bit wet, we can still use it" . She was there until Tara's next time to swim started, around 5pm and then back to my house at 7pm to rearrange and start putting things away. Amazing, there is no word for my gratitude. If I describe what kind of friend she is to me it would be someone that will answer the phone at midnight with a happy voice and tell me she's glad I called, she's been my emotional "Life Raft" the past 4 years because she does all the awful things I don't want to do and the things I have to do she does with me, she always tells me it's going to get better even when it's bad. When I am out of strength she comes in to take over. I can call her at 11pm and say do you want to go get a coke and she says "I was just thinking that that sounds good". We both love to scrapbook til all hours, lay in the sun forever, drink big diet cokes, watch the Utes play football and go shopping even when we don't have any money to buy anything. She has found solutions to some of my problems that I didn't believe could be solved. She has defended me to those who lost faith in me. And she has never been judgemental about how I have handled some things in my life. Plus, she has been an amazing 2nd mother to my children when I have been emotionally drained. Thanks Steph I couldn't do it with out you EVER.... love ya.. plus she has an amazing husband and kids.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

WELCOME TO MY WORLD! I 100% agree what would we do without Steph and Kenny! I love you STEPH!!!

Nanette said...

All I can say is I wish I had a Steph! She's the best!!!!

Broadheads said...

I was sad to hear about your basement...but happy to see how much your loved!