Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cabin for the weekend...

Thanks to Nicole I now have a blog. Never did I think I would cave to this. But reading everyone elses has been fun and entertaining. I really have to start spiceing up my life in order to write something worth reading.

I just spent the most amazing weekend at the Cabin and had all my family with me and my dearest freind Stephanie and her daughter Tara (who is 13 and has a huge crush on my cute nephew Cason). The weather was amazing and it even rained hard which by the way is one of my most favorite things about being there, just watching the storms come across the mountains and then watching the lighting out in the canyons. I went for a long walk by myself one day and it was so wonderful to just be out in the middle of nowhere and yet feel so close to my Heavenly Father. It did my heart and my soul good to just spend some time to think about all my blessings. There is nothing I love more than to be at the Cabin with all my family, there is such a feeling of protection and comfort. We rode the 4 wheelers and hiked (a little, at least it was a hike for me to come up the trail I walked on. I walked all down hill for about 2 miles and yes I kept telling myself going back is all uphill but I kept walking downhill and huffed and puffed coming back), we played lots of cards and no I never win ( I just let everyone else win so they don't get grumpy). My kids are finally at an age that they want to be on the mountain, Dustin even told me it was the most Beautiful Place in the World. One night after the rain there was the most awesome rainbow, I think I took 10 pictures, and the smell after the rain is incredible. It's nice to have a place to go when you've had enough of the real world. Thanks Great Grandpa.....


Great Grandpa's OLD Cabin

2 comments:

Nanette said...

It's so fun to be able to read your blog!!! I love it! Wish I could have gone on that walk with you, darnit. What a great weekend! Wish we could do it more often. I miss you! Love you!

Nanette said...

By the way, I like my new blog name better, thanks for changing it Coley, Ha Ha!!!!